Travels originating in the UK, South Korea, Mainland China, Hong Kong and Thailand
We've got you covered !
Planning for your study abroad can be daunting and stressful. But not to worry, Lufthansa's GenerationFly have got you covered !
If you are travelling one-way or return from South Korea, Mainland China, Hong Kong or Thailand to Europe, you enjoy a special discount with our Student Fares.
Our Student Fares include two free pieces of check-in baggage (also offered to students travelling one-way from the United Kingdom to Mainland China, Hong Kong, Thailand and India); which means that you don't have to worry about leaving any of your favourite things behind when you pack for your trip.
If you are travelling to other destinations where our Student Fares are not offered, you can still make your booking on our website where we offer our lowest possible fares for your selection.
Please use your registered university email address at the time of booking. If for any reason you do not yet have a registered student email address, please e-mail us at email@example.com with proof of your current student status showing the validity dates. We will then assist you to make a booking using your private email address.
To start your booking, simply click on the Search flights button on top of this page !
Terms and Conditions
- For bookings originating in South Korea, Mainland China, Hong Kong, India or Thailand, student fares are only available to destinations in Europe. A fare discount and two free pieces of check-in baggage will be offered.
- For bookings originating in the United Kingdom, student fares are only available one-way to Mainland China, Hong Kong, Thailand or India. Two free pieces of check-in baggage will be offered.
- Passengers must be full-time students enrolled in an educational institution with a valid student email address and must have a valid identification* as noted below.
- Student identification, i.e. *a valid educational institution-issued student identification card or University admission letter, must be presented upon request at any airport check-in counter or gate. Failure to do so may result in additional collection up to cost of the full published fare.
- Name in all documents must appear as per Passport. Name changes are not permitted.
- Student Fares are clearly identified as "Student" (with the blue dot) on the flight selection page.
- Student Fares are entitled to 2 pieces of check-in baggage weighing up to 23kg each. For more information on baggage, please see our Baggage Overview.
- In order to offer you the lowest possible fares, we will display all Lufthansa fares available. This includes our "Published Fares" which carry different terms and conditions than the "Student Fares". Please see our Fare Overview.
- Fares are subject to change without notice and are based on the most direct routing to each destination. Fares include applicable taxes, fees, carrier and airport charges. Additional baggage fees may apply. Seats are limited and may not be available on all days/flights. Other restrictions may apply.
Travelling and Corona
Please ensure that you are informed of and comply with all travel regulations. More information can be found here.